Friday, June 14, 2013

Hot: CUDA 5.5 and Nsight works with Visual Studio 2012


So for developers who were waiting for CUDA to support Visual Studio 2012 the wait is finally over.

 

This week I downloaded the release candidate version of CUDA 5.5 SDK which comes bundled with the SDK, NSIGHT 3.1 and updated drivers. To my surprise at the end of installation NSIGHT 3.1 said that it installed into Visual Studio 2012.

To my curiosity I opened up a CUDA sample and after the project solution update to V110 and then building and Running without debugging the sample solution and everything succeeded without a glitch!

Here is a screenshot of Sobel Filter compiled and run in Visual Studio 2012.

 

Sobel Filter using Visual Studio 2012 and CUDA 5.5 SDK
Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. I should say that cuda now uses the v110 compiler instead of modifying the vs2010 project to build on vs2012

    ReplyDelete